Re: Regarding the boot process.

On Thu, Sep 02, 2021 at 01:35:01PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> As I read the boot(8) man page, efiboot is like /boot and there are no
> steps like the MBR boot blocks and bootxx_ffsv1.

Yes, this is how it works - firmware directly loads the full uefi boot
loader and also has the notion of a "current device", which is what
it loaded the bootloader from and that is then used to read the partition
table and find the NetBSD root partition.

As you speculated the strange memory range printout is probably from the
firmware, I am not aware of anything similar being printed by any parts
of a normal NetBSD boot.

So I would assume firmware is somehow unhappy with the bootloader or can't
find it at all.

Martin