Re: Regarding the boot process.

Riza Dindir <riza.dindir%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> I created the NetBSD disk from a CD/DVD. I am using NetBSD 9.2/amd64
> and used the corresponding CD ISO. I had the disk in the caddy when
> installing, and booted the CD from a USB enclosure, where i installed
> my DVD. The installation went fine. But i could not boot the system,
> so i used a USB3 enclosure that i had lying around at home. Currently
> i am using the system using a USB3 enclosure for now. But trying to
> make the HDD caddy work.

I hope we will hear from someone who is more familiar with UEFI booting.

As I read the boot(8) man page, efiboot is like /boot and there are no
steps like the MBR boot blocks and bootxx_ffsv1.  With boot, one can
usually hit space to interrupt during a wait and then list devices/etc.
I would expect the same from efiboot but I don't actually know.

I wonder if something in your boot.cfg is fixed to the disk number of
the HD when you did the install.  I suggest checking what is in the boot
options file /efi/netBSD/boot.cfg in the EFI partition.

WHen you say you can boot from USB3, is that with or without the system
disk in the main HD slot?   Just telling the bios to boot from the first
USB disK?