Re: ZFS RAIDZ2 and wd uncorrectable data error - why does ZFS not notice the hardware error?

On Fri, 16 Jul 2021, Matthias Petermann wrote:

I will overwrite the disk with zeros once as a test. According to the S.M.A.R.T. values, the number of "pending" sectors has already decreased - from 18 to 15.

```
197 200    0     no  online  positive    Current pending sector      15
```

I would replace that drive, mate. 18 bad sectors on a fairly new drive
(some propagated all the way up to the OS) is a bit worrisome...

-RVP