Re: IPF rules

What you describe -may- be fallout from not having an accurate system
time set.  When I am working with some of my Arm Single Boards without
batteries.... I get something that sounds like that when I forget to
have ntpdate set to run in rc.conf.

Modern browsers -really- like to have the same time as the servers
they are connecting to, if they don't match it seems to cause some of
the security to fall out.  Perhaps try verifying that dates and times
are all set up correctly?