Re: Compiling NetBSD-HEAD kernel sources

On 2021-06-29 4:04 a.m., Todd Gruhn wrote:
I have never tried writing my own NetBSD config. I always
started with GENERIC, then...

That's how everyone does it ;p
What you were being suggested is keep track of those lines you remove (or add if any) and apply to the up-to-date GENERIC.

`patch' will help you automate but you don't know when it will barf on the difference (though probably never, but also the change should be so simple?

I *think* the correct way is to make your _own_, almost empty kernel config, and include (say, `GENERIC'.) then override settings in your own config. I've done it, but somehow it feels more hazy than plain modifying GENERIC

Best!

--
Germain