Re: IPfilter and Nintendo Switch

Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> For multiplayer games, the Nintendo Switch requires some behavior from
> the NAT, which is assessed by a mark from A to F in the Switch network
> test.
>
> Anyone had some success configuring an IPfilter NAT to get a grade
> better than D? Or perhaps with another of our many firewalls?

I got some success with PF and the static-port keyword:
nat on pppoe0 inet from 10.0.0.0/24 -> ( pppoe0:0 ) static-port

The Nintendo Switch reports a B grade. However, I do not understand how
source ports can be preserved on a 1:n IP addresses mapping, I suspect
they get preserved most of the time?

The setup has a setback: from time to time, all NAT-ed traffic gets hang
for several seconds.

Is there a static-port equivalent on IPfilter or NPF?
--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz