Re: IPfilter and Nintendo Switch

Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> I got some success with PF and the static-port keyword:
> nat on pppoe0 inet from 10.0.0.0/24 -> ( pppoe0:0 ) static-port
>
> The Nintendo Switch reports a B grade. (...)
>
> The setup has a setback: from time to time, all NAT-ed traffic gets hang
> for several seconds.

Usiing static-port for only the Nintendo switch IP and not the other
machines helps: It still reports a B grade, but network hangs disapear.

nat on pppoe0 inet from 10.1.0.144/32 -> ( pppoe0:0 ) static-port
nat on pppoe0 inet from 10.1.0.0/24 -> ( pppoe0:0 )

Such a setup makes mote sense to me. If there is only one machine that
require source ports to be preserved, then source ports for all other
machines can be tweaked to let it happen. I do not know if that is the
reason because network hangs disapear, but that could be an explanation.
--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz