Re: Network very very slow... was iSCSI and jumbo frames

On Tue, 9 Feb 2021, BERTRAND Joël wrote:

	You can downloaded https://hilbert.systella.fr/public/1.dump.xz

Ah, I get a 403 when downloading from SDF:
$ ftp https://hilbert.systella.fr/public/1.dump.xz
Requesting https://hilbert.systella.fr/public/1.dump.xz
ftp: Error retrieving file `403 Forbidden'

	Problem. iscsid is launched with :
/sbin/iscsid --config=/etc/config/iscsi/sbin/iscsid.conf
--initiatorname=/etc/iscsi/initiatorname.iscsi

/etc/config is a symlink on /mnt/HDA_ROOT/.config/

/etc/config/iscsi/sbin/iscsid.conf  doesn't exist, but I can find
iscsi_trgt.conf in /etc/config :
	This file seems to contain active iscsi target copnfiguration. I have
checked in /etc and I have found /etc/init.iscsitrgt.sh that shows that
iSCSI target daemon is /sbin/isns_cd

Based on the contents of /etc/init.iscsitrgt.sh, I can probably
explain why there isn't a /etc/config/iscsi/sbin/iscsid.conf
there: It was probably deleted by $ISCSI_UTILITY. Here's how this
might be happening:

That /etc/config/iscsi_trgt.conf is probably a template file created
by the web-frontends. $ISCSI_UTILITY uses this file, plus some
other run-time queried variables to construct a standard
/etc/config/iscsi/sbin/iscsid.conf file. After iscsid has parsed
and internalized this file, it is not needed anymore, so $ISCSI_UTILITY
simply deletes it (as a security measure?).

This is done each time the NAS comes up.

-RVP