Re: firefox52 core dump on RPI2 NetBSD9.1

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 05:04:42PM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:

> > And any comment / confirmation on this from anyone?
>
> I remember the .strtab issue being discussed on tech-toolchain last
> year, but I can't find a PR or a pullup to netbsd-9 for it.
>
> Anyone remember details?

Patches were commited on 27 Aug 2019 by Robert Swindells, and we were at
8.99 at this time.

> P.S.: I don't think the string index mismatch is related to any firefox
> crashes

It was unclear if this could not cause linking problem because it was
the very information used for linking that was trashed. In doubt, one
should start with binaries without this problem first. Firefox and
browsers in general are so huge and depend on so many things, and link
against so many external libraries, that a fault that can cause
problem in only very improbable cases is not improbable with
binaries that link against anything, including the kitchen sink.
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                    http://kertex.kergis.com/
                       http://www.sbfa.fr/