[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Hi to All and Benny!
Driver epson-inkjet-printer-escpr for Epson M200 on NetBSD.
Benny Siegert> I just ported this driver and added it to pkgsrc-wip as
wip/epson-inkjet-printer-escpr. Please build it from source and report
back if it works!
I successfully build the driver, but found 2 errors:
1. Path is wrong: (after build the driver) /usr/pkg/pkg/share/cups/model/epson-inkjet-printer-escpr and /usr/pkg/pkg/libexec/cups/filter/. The correct Path is /usr/pkg ... (but not /usr/pkg/pkg ...)
2. The package 'cups-filters' is required for printing, but this package is not included to the build.
3. After fixing these problems and move files to correct directories, the printer partially successfully prints PDF on NetBSD in Firefox (in some files does not print the last lines). LibreOffice does not display Epson M200 as the default printer, so it does not print in LibreOffice.
localhost$ uname -a
NetBSD localhost 9.0_STABLE NetBSD 9.0_STABLE (GENERIC) #0: Mon Oct 12 10:27:57 UTC 2020 mkrepro%mkrepro.NetBSD.org@localhost:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC amd64
localhost$ pkgin list | grep epson
epson-inkjet-printer-escpr-1.7.7 Epson Inkjet Printer Driver (ESC/P-R)
Version history: (Expand)
(2020-09-29) Package has been reborn
(2020-09-29) Package deleted from pkgsrc
(2020-01-23) Package added to pkgsrc.se, version epson-inkjet-printer-escpr-1.7.7 (created)
Configure Epson M200 network printer on NetBSD [Partially SOLVED]
1. pkgin install from the latest 9.0_current repository 'fam hal dbus' and cd /usr/pkg/share/examples/rc.d/; copy 'famd dbus hal' to /etc/rc.d/
2. nano /etc/rc.conf: add lines rpcbind=YES famd=YES dbus=YES hal=YES
3. download and unpack pkgsrc-current and pkgin install git; clone wip to pkgsrc
4. cd /usr/pkgsrc/wip/epson-inkjet-printer-escpr; make install clean [build OK]
5. Install DE (I am use Xfce), LibreOffice and additional software from pkgin
6. cd /usr/pkg/share/examples/rc.d/; cp cupsd /etc/rc.d/
7. add the line cupsd=YES to /etc/rc.conf
9. Open Firefox and visit localhost:631/admin
10. Add Printer; Auth: user name and password; Discovered Network Printers: set EPSON M200 Series; Connection: lpd://[Printer IP]:515/PASSTHRU|EPSON M200 Series
11. Select Epson-M200_Series-epson-escpr-en.ppd
12. Set Default Options: A4/Plain Paper-Standart
13. Very important: pkgin install cups-filters (without cups-filters this printer does not print, but build wip/epson-inkjet-printer-escpr does not compile cups-filters by default)
15. Start Xfce4 and open Firefox; now network printer Epson M200 partially successfully prints on Firefox on NetBSD.
But in LibreOffice, the printer is not detected as the default printer (the error: No default printer found) and, accordingly, does not print... Workaround: convert documents to pdf in LO and print from FF.
Is there a way to get the LO to detect the default printer? It is not available in the LibreOffice/File/PrinterSettings. Similar problems sometimes occur in Linux users, but in my FreeBSD I do not see a problem with this Epson M200 & LO. In cups settings printer is set by default.
Main Index |
Thread Index |