Re: Drive ID changed

On 2020-09-28 15:25, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
On 28/09/2020 09:47, Jordan Geoghegan wrote:

I found this snippet in some NetBSD documentation:

"You will the be asked if you want to use DUID notation in
/etc/fstab, instead of traditional device names. You are strongly
advised to use DUIDs, as they allow you to move your disks to
different controllers, or change their bus identifiers, without
having to modify /etc/fstab every time your configuration changes."

You should be able to determine your drives DUID using the disklabel command.

I've done some googling and the text above comes from some old version of OpenBSD, not NetBSD.

You're right. Woops, my bad. Sorry for the noise.