Re: Drive ID changed

On 2020-09-27 16:37, Todd Gruhn wrote:
I recabled the SSD and mechanical hard drives.

When I start NetBSD from the boot menu, NetBSD gets to the end and gives this
message:

Starting root file system check:
fsck: no match for 'wd0a': No such process
Automatic file system check failed, help!

Its just cabling. Is there a difference between SCSI and SATA that I
dont know about?

Isn't this why duids exist? I'm not sure about NetBSD, but in OpenBSD land, /etc/fstab should reference drives based on their duid rather than raw device number to avoid scenarios exactly like this.