Re: Sysinst creates gaps between GPT partitions - why?

Hello Martin,

Am 03.08.2020 um 11:15 schrieb Martin Husemann:
On Mon, Aug 03, 2020 at 11:08:22AM +0200, Matthias Petermann wrote:
            2          32         Pri GPT table
           34        2014         Unused

That part is expected...

         2048      262144      1  GPT part - EFI System
           ~~~~

... to align the start here.

       264192        2048         Unused
                       ~~~~
but this sounds like a bug in the alignment code. I'll have a look.

thanks - I will stay tuned on this. Please let me know if you want me to test something.

The other part (gpt(8) being user unfriendly) I'll leave to somebody else.

I hope I have not talked too badly about the GPT tool :-) As long as it is logical what it does - and that is how it seems at the moment - it is not too unfriendly. My expectations for a low level tool are probably too high.

Kind regards
Matthias