Boot selection of boot.cfg doesn't work as expected (with UEFI boot loader)

Hello everyone,

on NetBSD/amd64 9.0 Release I am setting up a Xen Host. Therefore, I added the first line to my boot.cfg:

menu=Boot Xen:load /netbsd-XEN3_DOM0.gz root=NAME=root;multiboot /xen.gz dom0_mem=512M dom0_max_vcpus=1 dom0_vcpus_pin
menu=Boot normally:rndseed /var/db/entropy-file;boot
menu=Boot single user:rndseed /var/db/entropy-file;boot -s
menu=Drop to boot prompt:prompt
default=1
timeout=5
clear=1

(there is no line break in the "Boot Xen" line in the original file).

This results in a boot menu:

1. Boot Xen
2. Boot normally
3. Boot single user
4. Drop to boot prompt

When Xen did have a (here unrelated) problem booting, I wanted to select Option 2 (Boot normally) to boot a standard kernel instead. To my surprise, Option 2 also tries to boot the Xen kernel. On the other hand, Option 3 boots into the single user environment as expected.

Do I have made an obvious mistake in my boot.cfg, or does this look like a bug?

Kind regards
Matthias