Re: I finally bricked my NetBSD system

On Thu, 16 Jul 2020, Greg Troxel wrote:

2) boot single user, by hitting space during the countdown and "boot -s". hit return for sh. Once there, type "fsck -p" to fix any issues. Then "mount -a". Then put back the shell with pkg_add, or use vipw to change your shell back to /bin/sh.

vipw complains of no TERM being set, and /usr/bin/vi of an "undefined error: 0" after I enter 'chsh' at the root prompt I am now able to get back to.

--
Bob B.