Re: does anyone have a working mozilla firefox-74.0 on 9.0 amd64?

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 8:16 AM Sad Clouds <cryintothebluesky%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Jul 2020 10:17:03 +0100
> Mike Pumford <mpumford%mudcovered.org.uk@localhost> wrote:
>
> > There are many people that hate the fact that this level of
> > development in a browser is possible but the is no denying its
> > usefulness as its a cross system platform for writing applications
> > that far outweighs anything else I've ever had access to. Its so
> > powerful that you can actually incredibly common to build a web app,
> > bundle it with a web rendering engine and ship it as a native app.
>
> I wouldn't go that far in praising web browsers and the technology they
> are built on. It's so clunky, bloated and buggy, it's not even funny.
> On a daily basis, I'm forced to use crappy and slow web apps - agile
> boards, code review boards, development wiki, bug reporting, etc. All of
> them are just awful and laggy. Has anyone tried using VMWare vSphere
> cloud app, it's too painful to describe the experience.
>
> The current trend of moving native desktop applications to cloud and
> web browsers, simply frustrates and infuriates me. Yes you could build
> a house out of Weetabix, but that doesn't mean that you should.

+1. Not to mention how insecure it is. I don't mind GMail for low
value stuff like personal emails. But corporations have no business
putting your data, like ssn, employment records and health records, in
these clouds. They are just storage provided by a third party. More
hands fingering the data...
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2008/sep/29/cloud.computing.richard.stallman

Jeff