Regards,
Malcolm

I like the idea that every file is treated as if the FS were one, giant, VCS...

On Wed, Jul 1, 2020 at 9:35 AM Hauke Fath <hf%spg.tu-darmstadt.de@localhost> wrote:
On 2020-07-01 18:25, Michael Cheponis wrote:
> I agree that backups are necessary, but who hasn't had a corrupted backup?
> And it's much less convenient.  With disks so big these days, a 'shadow
> filesystem' seems most logical to me.

There are scripts which will create and remove a set of snapshots on
zfs, which would be pretty much what you have in mind.

Traditional Unix filesystems don't support this well, I am afraid.

Cheerio,
Hauke

--
      The ASCII Ribbon Campaign                    Hauke Fath
()     No HTML/RTF in email             Institut für Nachrichtentechnik