Re: possible new feature: unrm ?

On 2020-07-01 18:25, Michael Cheponis wrote:
I agree that backups are necessary, but who hasn't had a corrupted backup?
And it's much less convenient.  With disks so big these days, a 'shadow
filesystem' seems most logical to me.

There are scripts which will create and remove a set of snapshots on zfs, which would be pretty much what you have in mind.

Traditional Unix filesystems don't support this well, I am afraid.

Cheerio,
Hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-21344