Re: Providing temporary storage space to a VM: qcow, nfs etc

Oops, bit slow replying here...

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 02:49:25PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> In short which network based file system (I guess it's only NFS), with
> some tuning, can give me a good performance, and what sort of tuning
> tricks are involved. Here the network is local between host and guest. If
> that can't improve beyond a point I'll go for qcow2 shrinking.

If you're still looking at the NFS-based solution, the first thing I'd
suggest for improving perfomance is mounting it it with the noatime
option on the client side. That can improve things when you're dealing
with large numbers of files and directories.

Cheers,
Steve