Re: Providing temporary storage space to a VM: qcow, nfs etc

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 11:23:15AM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> I add a new file system for WRKOBJDIR when building packages and totaly
> remove it afterwards (as it is empty again). I have PACKAGES set to
> a different path so they are outside of WRKOBJDIR.

Precisely the practice I'd like to borrow. Thanks.

BTW isn't PACKAGES already outside WRKOBJDIR?

Another related problem is, whether we can conserve the space on /usr/pkg.
If it's only a build server they are not required to hang around there
after build. So that requires 2 mechanisms:

1. How do I do a clean pkg_delete of everything other than bootstrap.

2. Whenever a build needs a package, can I have an option to install from
packages automatically if the version has not changed. [Yes, other things
can change with a package, like configuration options. But then I'll have
to delete the package so that it gets rebuilt.]

Mayuresh