Re: Use network printer from NetBSD

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 01:23:31PM +0200, Rocky Hotas wrote:

>  <https://download.brother.com/welcome/doc100802/cv_mfcl2750dw_uke_oug_a.pdf>
>
> The user manual seems not to mention anything useful about queues of
> accepted input formats.
> How to correctly guess the requirements of a printer?

I have a brother 9335cdw and it works fine with this:

lp|scribet:\
        :lp=9100@scribe:sd=/var/spool/output/scribe:\
        :mx#0:sh:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:

It prints plain text and postscript fine

> Done with netcat. You can check out my reply to JingYuan. I also tried
> it directly: `lpr testfile.ps'. The printer display lights up, shows
> `Receiving data', and then nothing happens.

what if you try:

telnet printerip 9100

then enter

test

followed by control-m control-j control-l

that should do a carriage return, newline, new page resulting in a page coming out
of the printer.

If that doesnt work then check the sttings for printing language auto swiching
perhaps it is off if it is there at all. I am pretty sure on my printer I didnt need
to twsak anything. The printer works fine from both wired and wireless connections.

--
Brett Lymn
--

"We are were wolves",