Pre-seeded Mercurial-Clone available? (was: Checking out src with Mercurial)

Hello everybody,

while I was able to successfully clone the pkgsrc and xsrc via anonhg, I still bite my teeth at src. As already described in one of my previous e-mails, I tried to limit the number of changesets called up at the same time with --rev, so that I don't lose everything in the event of a fault. Now the message "transaction canceled" came. Afterwards "Roll back failed, please run hg recover". Unfortunately, "hg recover" also reports an abort because an automatic repair is obviously not possible. So now I'm starting again ...

... and I wondered whether it is possible or already considered to offer a finished clone as tar.gz for download from time to time - as a seed for the continuation of your own local clone? Or maybe it already exists and I just haven't found it yet? I can remember that there is something like that on FreeBSD for the SVN - download tar.gz, unpack it and then only use svnsync to catch up for the last six months.

Many Greetings
Matthias