Re: cvs better than git?

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 01:36:33PM +0200, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> Anyone who thinks something else is simply deluding themselves.

Obviously the hosts do whatever they do, and I agree it's no free lunch.
But they [can] do what they do even if they don't host us as the code is
open source anyway. So why not let them host anyway [may be as a mirror,
like pkgsrc is, so that we aren't totally dependent.]

PS: I am not arguing in favor of github or anything. Just curious what the
big deal is for an open source project.

Mayuresh