Re: Checking out src with Mercurial

On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 10:01:35PM -0700, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> (c) modern change tracking tools try to track changes to whole sets of
>     files at once, so if you have lots of files, and lots of history,
>     this combinatorial problem can sometimes bite at a bad time for the
>     user of a tool trying to manage it all.

In one of the talks by Linus on git I heard him recommending breaking very
large repositories into some smaller units to get better performance.

Would it be something feasible in NetBSD? A single user requires
approximately what % of code from what he or she checks out to be actually
compiled and can there be 1 core and several optional repositories that
would increase this percentage.

Mayuresh