Re: cvs better than git?

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 3:56 PM Michael Cheponis
<michael.cheponis%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Where I work, we are forced into using git.  So, I've made peace using it.  Yes, it sucks.  Yes, it's glitter on ...something.  But there it is.  And I personally use gitless, and find it's a clear model that works.
>
> If something's not broken otherwise, why change?   That's legitimate, too.

Take a look at these (from page 1 of
https://stackoverflow.com/questions?sort=votes):

* https://stackoverflow.com/questions/927358/how-do-i-undo-the-most-recent-local-commits-in-git
* https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2003505/how-do-i-delete-a-git-branch-locally-and-remotely
* https://stackoverflow.com/questions/292357/difference-between-git-pull-and-git-fetch
* https://stackoverflow.com/questions/348170/how-do-i-undo-git-add-before-commit
* https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6591213/how-do-i-rename-a-local-git-branch
* https://stackoverflow.com/questions/179123/how-to-modify-existing-unpushed-commit-messages

All those upvotes DO NOT indicate a good question. They indicate a
broken design. Even the simplest of tasks are difficult to impossible
with Git.

My position is, avoid Git if possible. It is a time sink that takes
time away from real work. Ignore the Fan Boi's when they ask for Git.
The request often shows nativity or lack of experience with the tool.

Jeff