Re: cvs better than git?

Where I work, we are forced into using git.  So, I've made peace using it.  Yes, it sucks.  Yes, it's glitter on ...something.  But there it is.  And I personally use gitless, and find it's a clear model that works.

BSD is important partly because it is NOT part of the linux monoculture.  I understand.

I guess the real question is: is something broken?  For pkgsrc-wip, for a bunch of reasons, they decided on git.

If something's not broken otherwise, why change?   That's legitimate, too.

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 12:03 PM Sad Clouds <cryintothebluesky%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jun 2020 09:11:04 -0700
Michael Cheponis <michael.cheponis%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> If you want a thirty-minutes summary presentation, watch "What’s
> Wrong With Git?" from Git Merge 2017
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31XZYMjg93o>.
>
> The end result of this work is Gitless,  a simple version control
> system built on top of Git.

OK I get it - you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.