Re: cvs better than git?

On 2020-06-17 14:24, Mayuresh wrote:
On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 02:07:46PM +0200, Johnny Billquist wrote:
I could go on about my objects, and the possible risks and issues, but I
think if this rant isn't enough to start you thinking, I doubt any more text
from me will change anything.

Risk management is important. Given we do that, utilizing such services to
our benefit isn't so bad - for example as a mirror rather than primary
storage.

I mean I'd not completely hold myself back from using such services, if I
can benefit from them, as long as I am not being critically dependent on
them.

What is the benefit then? Now I'm being curious...

I mean, if we would be having the primary repository our self, and just have them be a mirror. Just a simple way of adding resources? Is the load of people checking the code out that big? How much can we save there then? Or what other benefits do you see?

  Johnny