Re: requesting support for persistent memory

On Thu, 11 Jun 2020 13:34:21 +0200
mayuresh%kathe.in@localhost <mayuresh%kathe.in@localhost> wrote:

> i don't know anything about "the machine" project by 'hp' nor do i
> have any idea about why it might've gone quiet, other than that it
> must've gone the "ia64" route of technological innovations from 'hp'
> labs, but intel's optane (the most popular implementation of
> "persistent memory") is selling like hot-cakes in the market right
> now. in fact, my new lenovo laptop (which is a low-end core-i3
> machine) has optane memory chips soldered right onto the motherboard.

They are trying to figure out how to efficiently make "memristors", but
it's probably harder to crack than they originally anticipated.

Slides from 5 years ago:
https://www.mcs.anl.gov/events/workshops/ross/2015/slides/ross2015-keeton.pdf