Re: Installing debian packages on netbsd?

On Tue, 9 Jun 2020 at 17:57, Patrick Pritchard <outside%d26.net@localhost> wrote:

> I’m interested in setting up a private cloud using Synology Drive. The desktop installer is an “Ubuntu (deb)” package — is there a way to install these in NetBSD?

You are probably aware that Linux and NetBSD are not binary compatible
with each other; so in theory, even if you found a way to "install"
the package on NetBSD, it's not meant to work. However, there's a dpkg
package in pkgsrc and there is compat_linux(8). The .deb package might
or might not install in Linux emulation and might or might not work.

https://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-linux.html
https://www.netbsd.org/docs/compat.html

--
Ottavio Caruso