Re: Postfix and local mail delivery - still relevant in 2020?

On Sat, 06 Jun 2020 16:19:20 -0700
"Greg A. Woods" <woods%planix.com@localhost> wrote:

> Delivering mail to a remote mail server requires MTA software that is
> capable of delivering mail via the network.
>
> Postfix is a most excellent MTA that can be configured to deliver mail
> via the network.
>
> Conveniently Postfix is also a most excellent MTA that can be
> configured to (also) _receive_ mail via the network.

I agree with you and I am not suggesting that Postfix is not good at
what it does. I am questioning this aspect of system administration:

"delivering mail to a remote mail server"

I wonder if this is still relevant in 2020, when many people tend to
use multitudes of VMs and container-per-application configurations.