Re: Python flask app behind bozohttpd vs separate webserver for app

On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 10:54:03PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> I have to start gunicorn as root so that it can get access to certificate
> files, but run the worker process as a non root user which is an option
> provided by gunicorn.

gunicorn has an option to drop privileges to normal user, but it does so
`too soon', i.e. it can't then read the certificate and key files. If
that's the case why would one ever need to start it as root anyway and
what's the use of the option to drop privileges is unclear.

Seems a known issue already:
https://github.com/benoitc/gunicorn/issues/1404

Mayuresh