Re: Python flask app behind bozohttpd vs separate webserver for app

On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 04:34:46PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> gunicorn has an option to drop privileges to normal user, but it does so
> `too soon', i.e. it can't then read the certificate and key files. If
> that's the case why would one ever need to start it as root anyway and
> what's the use of the option to drop privileges is unclear.

For records, I finally gave read permissions to the app user to read the
cert/key files - didn't want to do that as far as possible, but couldn't
find any other way. Adopted gunicorn server running on a different port
along side bozohttpd instead of attempting to reverse proxy.

Mayuresh