Re: UEFI serial console including boot menu?

On Thu, 23 Apr 2020 at 11:16, Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 10:57:49AM +0100, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
> > Yes, but in practice on systems which have serial interfaces and on
> > which it makes sense the console to be on a serial port, the UEFI
> > would offer the option
>
> This differs from my experience.
>
> All desktop machines I have do have physical serial ports (most needed
> an external connector added, but the connector on the mainboard was
> there), and AFAICT none of them offers this in the firmware (or it is
> well hidden).
>
> Martin

I didn't actually consider the usual desktops; I was thinking more
about laptops - which generally wouldn't need it - and servers - which
probably already have it. But you are right about the standard
desktops, so the use case wouldn't be so narrow.

--
----