Re: UEFI serial console including boot menu?

On Wed, 22 Apr 2020 at 19:19, John Klos <john%ziaspace.com@localhost> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been able to install bootblocks on an MBR disk which put the boot
> menu over serial, along with everything else.
>
> On a GPT install, I added "consdev com,0x3f8,9600" to boot.cfg, and that
> works well, but I can't figure out what to change to get the boot menu to
> also go over serial.

Nothing to do with NetBSD. Get into the UEFI menu and navigate to the
console options.

I just tested this on a UEFI/GPT VirtualBox NetBSD guest; I added a
serial port to the VM, defined as TCP port, connected to it using
putty - raw localhost:<portnumber>. The EFI setup allowed me to enable
the serial console - after which the boot menu appeared on the serial
port.

--
----