Re: SMTP servers receiving from gmail

On Tue 14 Apr 2020 at 18:44:54 +0100, Mike Pumford wrote:
> Just wanted to get this out there in case anyone else was being baffled by a
> similar problem and couldn't find any clues on google as its taken me nearly
> 2 weeks to figure this out :(

I have the reverse problem, more or less. When sending mail to a google
server, it doesn't want to receive it. At least, when I'm using IPv6.
In the past, it helped to force it to use IPv4 instead, but I haven't
looked recently if that still worked.

When it refuses, its error message points to some unhelpful page which
implies but does not dare to say out loud that they think I'm a spammer.
They demand DKIM or similar configurations, which I refuse to use,
because its a lot of work to configure, and it often doesn't even work
with mail forwarding.

> Mike
-Olaf.
--
Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert -- rhialto at falu dot nl
___  Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on