Re: NetBeans Unexpected error: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty

On 08/04/2020 13:45, Greg Troxel wrote:
However, many complicated systems don't use the system list of
pre-trusted root certificates, but instead have their own scheme.
firefox is like this.  I have no idea about java, but I would not be
surprised because java has a "we are the single consistent world and the
OS is just here to run java" mentality.   Given the Ubuntu package is
called java-cet, I would guess that it does something to configure the
jre.

JDK8 certainly does do that. The NetBSD jdk8 package depends on mozilla-rootcerts and bakes them into the JDK trust anchors.

Mike