Re: cdrecord, no scsi, netbsd 9

On Thu, 2 Apr 2020 at 14:19, Robert Elz <kre%munnari.oz.au@localhost> wrote:

> the scanbus option of cdrecord is unlikely to ever work on NetBSD,
> and isn't needed - on some other systems you need to work out the
> bus addresses and feed those into cdrecord to actually burn a CD,
> on NetBSD you don't.

Well, it works for whatever it is supposed to do -

# uname -a
NetBSD ymir 9.99.52 NetBSD 9.99.52 (GENERIC) #4: Thu Apr  2 01:50:41
BST 2020  sysbuild@ymir:/home/sysbuild/amd64/obj/home/sysbuild/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC
am
d64
# cdrecord -scanbus
Cdrecord-ProDVD-ProBD-Clone 3.01 (amd64-unknown-netbsd9.99.52)
Copyright (C) 1995-2015 Joerg Schilling
Using libscg version 'schily-0.9'.
scsibus31:
        31,0,0  3100) 'hp      ' 'DVD RW AD-7586H ' 'KH04' Removable CD-ROM
        31,1,0  3101) *

- for a DVD-writer, just attached to a laptop via USB2.

Perhaps it won't be able to scan for a real SCSI cdrom device, but I
can hardly lebember the last time I saw one of these...

And ofcourse, it is not strictly needed - one can always check the
device name in the dmesg and use it in the program.

--
----