Re: postinstall fixes failed: gid

Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost> writes:

> 2) Why do I need a nvmm group?

The system has a plan for a group, almost certainly because some
software runs under that group or grants permission to it.  Do you
really need it named?   Probably not, but there is nothing to be gained
in being different.

> 3) I've manually added:
> nvmm:*:34:root
> to the group file and now I have no errors. Is this enough? Do I have
> to rebuild any databases?

No rebuild is necessary.

I unpack etc and xetc sets to /usr/netbsd-etc (via INSTALL-NetBSD in
etcmanage) and I do

  diff -u /usr/netbsd-etc/etc/group /etc/group

and make sure I understand the differences.  Similary for
master.passsword, but that I edit with vipw.