Re: Avoid wedges from certain devices

01.03.2020 15:08, Michael van Elst пишет:
Is there any way to walkaround this? Maybe having special kernel built,
which will ignore certain devices?

Nothing like that exists. If that machine does not have any other
wd devices that are not used as ataraid, then you could just comment
out the wedge scanning in the wd driver.

That was what I had looking for. But now there is new problem - root
detection. After finding correct wedges it want to boot from wd0b.

If I understand properly - I can't supply root option via boot.cfg,
so I am trying to compile new kernel with:

include "arch/amd64/conf/GENERIC"
no config netbsd root
config      netbsd  root on dk1 type ?

But it also won't build with
/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/conf/Alba:5: syntax error
/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/conf/Alba:6: netbsd: device `dk' does not exist
nbconfig: /usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/conf/Alba has no configurations!

I suggest it happens because dk is not set as a device in kernel config.

How one can implicit root definition to dk device? Or I just have to
remove root search function from wd driver as well?

--
Dima Veselov
Physics R&D Establishment of Saint-Petersburg University