Re: iSCSI initiator at boot time

Le 26/02/2020 à 20:52, BERTRAND Joël a écrit :
> 	Hello,
>
> 	I continue my tests with iSCSI. My server runs NetBSD 9.0 and istgt to
> offer to several diskless workstations :
> - nfs (/ and /home)
> - iSCSI targets (swap).
>
> 	Linux clients run as expected. This evening, I have booted a diskless
> NetBSD client (NetBSD 9.0). If iSCSI initiator works fine, I don't know
> how configure iSCSI initiator to automatically start at boot time... Of
> course, iscsid is launched in /etc/rc.conf, but I have to mount iSCSI
> targets at shell prompt. Any idea ?
>
> 	Best regards,
>
> 	JKB

Hi Bertrand,

I have a SAN at online.net and I wanted to mount it at boot time. Then I
wrote a /etc/rc.d/iscsictl file:
--------8<--------8<--------8<--------
$_rc_subr_loaded . /etc/rc.subr

name="iscsictl"
rcvar="$name"
start_cmd="iscsictl_start"

iscsictl_start()
{
  $name add_send_target -a $rc_flags
  sleep 1
  $name refresh_targets
  $name login -P 1
}

load_rc_config $name
run_rc_command "$1"

I use it by adding:
iscsictl=YES iscsictl_flags="san-dcX-Y.rpn.online.net"
Then, I could use /etc/fstab to the disk that has been attached to sd0.

Fred