Lightweight GUI code editor

Hi all :)!
I am using NetBSD 8.1 with Openbox as Window Manager. While I usually
try to avoid GUI applications, because they include some bloat, I am
looking for a lightweight code editor: it should highlight the language
keywords (now I'm using Python, but the editor should support some other
common languages) and the corresponding parentheses, nothing more.
For example, the Atom editor would be perfect, but it is only available
on Linux.
Using nvi(1) for the same purpose is not as comfortable as I was
expecting.
Looking in

 https://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/pkgsrc/current/pkgsrc/editors/README.html

I found many editors which I would try, but they are not available in my
8.1 (2019Q3) repository, like `beaver', `codelite', `codeblocks',
`scite'.
Do you have any suggestion?
Thank you anyway!

Rocky