Re: preparing netbsd boot straps from gnu/linux

Now that I have a working boot strapping model (just using `boot` right away would have been preferred over GRUB2 knetbsd)

	set default=0
	set timeout=5

	menuentry "netbsd wd0e" {
	        insmod ext2
	        set root=(hd0,msdos1)
	        knetbsd /netbsd -v --root=wd0e
	}

I am trying to get the system up and running.  I confirm I had to use `wd0e` and not `wd0c`, as with the latter I used to get

	boot device: wd0
	root on wd0c dumps on wd0b
	vfs_mountroot: can't open root device
	cannot mount root, error = 6
	root device (default wd0c):

Now this is what happens at boot time with a carefully prepared ext2 file-system (`mkfs.ext2 -O^dir_index`).

	BAD SUPER BLOCK: VALUES IN SUPER BLOCK DISAGREE WITH THOSE IN FIRST ALTERNATE

more details when trying fsck_ext2fs manually

	BAD SUPER BLOCK: VALUES IN SUPER BLOCK DISAGREE WITH THOSE IN FIRST ALTERNATE
	/dev/rwd0e: NOT LABELED AS A EXT2 FILE SYSTEM (4.2BSD)

switching to fstype `Linux Ext2` makes it worse

	BAD SUPER BLOCK: VALUES IN SUPER BLOCK DISAGREE WITH THOSE IN FIRST ALTERNATE
	/dev/rwd0e: PARTITION SIZE IS 0

I do not get it.  Mounting ext2 file-systems on NetBSD is usually not a problem at all, and the fictious disklabel looks good enough.  What would possibly prevent me from mouting the file-system?

I even tried added ext2fs.kmod while loading the kernel but this is irrelevant as the kernel already has support for ext2, right?

	menuentry "netbsd wd0e ext2fs.kmod" {
	        insmod ext2
	        set root=(hd0,msdos1)
	        knetbsd /netbsd -v --root=wd0e
	        knetbsd_module_elf /stand/amd64/8.0/modules/ext2fs/ext2fs.kmod
	}

Many thanks^^
--
Pierre-Philipp Braun