Re: mutt wants sasl

Bob Bernstein <poobah%ruptured-duck.com@localhost> writes:

>> Sometimes things work better with X11_TYPE=modular (vs native,
>> which is also modular, but older :-).
>
> Do I take it that I should place that statement in my /etc/mk.con?
>
> I already have quite a few X packages built and installed. Won't I
> be changing horses mid-stream, so to speak, by adding that X11_TYPE
> statement now?

Yes.  If you move to modular, you should rebuild any package that
depends on X.

I use ccache, and then do "pkg_admin set rebuild=YES \*" followed by
pkg_rolling-replace, when doing this.   The pkg_rr man page has an
example command to only mark x11-depending packages for rebuild.

> Based on identifying the video on this box as nvidia, I'm thinking
> what I need is this: xf86-video-nouveau. My pkgsrc build (again,
> from 2018Q4) ran aground in its build of the prerequisite package
> modular-xorg-server.

I am not a nouveau expert.  I'm running the Xorg from the base system in
netbsd-8, but I basically use emacs and xterm, so haven't worried about
accelearation.

> Here is my best effort at grabbing the screen output that emerged
> after typing 'make' in nouveau's pkgsrc directory:
>
> --snip--
>
> ******* I fubared the screen grab! *******
>
> oto >= 1.6.0 renderproto >= 0.11 xextproto >= 7.2.99.901 inputproto >= 2.3
> kbpro
> to >= 1.0.3 fontsproto >= 2.1.3 pixman-1 >= 0.27.2 videoproto compositeproto
>>=
> 0.4 recordproto >= 1.13.99.1 scrnsaverproto >= 1.1 resourceproto >= 1.2.0
> xinera
> maproto xkbfile  pixman-1 >= 0.27.2 xfont2 >= 2.0.0 xau xdmcp) were not met:
>
>  Package dependency requirement 'xproto >= 7.0.31' could not be satisfied.
>  Package 'xproto' has version '7.0.26', required version is '>= 7.0.31'
>  Package dependency requirement 'randrproto >= 1.6.0' could not be satisfied.
>  Package 'randrproto' has version '1.4.0', required version is '>= 1.6.0'
>
>   Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
>   installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>
>    Alternatively, you may set the environment variables XSERVERCFLAGS_CFLAGS
>    and XSERVERCFLAGS_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
>    See the pkg-config man page for more details.
>    *** Error code 1
>
>     Stop.
>     make[1]: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/x11/modular-xorg-server
>     *** Error code 1
>
> --snip--
>
> Any and all advice, encouragment, or reprimands gladly received. :)

Are you running netbsd-8?  If older, definitely upgrade.