Re: NetBSD 8: Install on an LVM partition

On Sun, Feb 24, 2019 at 10:42:14PM +0100, haad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > } Please also note that our LVM only implements a subset. We still lack
> > > } a mirror target, so LVM raid or even just moving LVs online is not yet
> > > } supported.
> > >      This much is true.  dm(4) is old and somewhat limited.  Also,
> > > although lvrename kinda works, I have found it to be problematic.
> > I'm working on it.
>

> Can you tell me what are your plans ? Can I help you ? I have prepared
> lvmtools and libdevmapper update locally.

I've committed a fix in our old lvmtools, made some local changes to the
internal dm code and added a crude version of a mirror target.

I can set up mirrored LVs, but it currently just sends I/O to the mirror
legs. So far it doesn't keep the journal or synchronizes legs.

This is not the new raid target as this is based on the Linux RAID
driver and I didn't feel like importing a new RAID driver.

Greetings,
--
                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost