Re: NetBSD 8: Install on an LVM partition

On Feb 24, 11:12pm, Michael van Elst wrote:
} On Sun, Feb 24, 2019 at 10:42:14PM +0100, haad wrote:
} >
} > > > } Please also note that our LVM only implements a subset. We still lack
} > > > } a mirror target, so LVM raid or even just moving LVs online is not yet
} > > > } supported.
} > > >
} > > >      This much is true.  dm(4) is old and somewhat limited.  Also,
} > > > although lvrename kinda works, I have found it to be problematic.
} > >
} > > I'm working on it.
} >
} > Can you tell me what are your plans ? Can I help you ? I have prepared
} > lvmtools and libdevmapper update locally.
}
} I've committed a fix in our old lvmtools, made some local changes to the
} internal dm code and added a crude version of a mirror target.

     Speaking of our old lvmtools, it does weird stuff when setting
up multi-terabyte PVs.  Looks like it has a 31/32-bit limit somewhere.
If you just leave it be, it won't use the entire disk.  If you
specify the size, it gives warnings, but appears to work fine.  I
don't have any examples off the top of my head, but I try to make
a note the next time I see one since there appears to be people
interested in this stuff now.

}-- End of excerpt from Michael van Elst