Thread 2 received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
0x00007f7ff10007a0 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00007f7ff10007a0 in ?? ()
#1  0x0000000000000001 in ?? ()
#2  0x00007f7fffd58370 in ?? ()
#3  0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()

Now... understanding what broke is hard.

First thing I think of is the compiler, on other platforms gcc 7 failed to compile ArcticFox, I wondered it completed at all, maybe some fixes in the source code helped.
;aybe it compiles but causes issues?
Can I get gcc 6.5 from sources easily, to exclude that parameter? having a whole new userland+pkgsrc is a big change...

Help!

Riccardo