Re: Horde Webmailer

Am Donnerstag, 10. Januar 2019, 17:51:13 CET schrieben Sie:
> For example, it would be great to use the calendar and the CalDAV server. I
> only have to find out how to import data into Horde's CalDAV from an
> external source, as we already have an external database with calendar
> events for all employees, which is used by a VBA application.
hmm,

i know that you can import ICS (ical (vcal?)) directly into single calendars.
select or create a calendar and click on edit (pen) -> "import" tab for more.

Horde (kronolith) offers ActiveSync ("Exchange sync") and SyncML as major sync
standards for PIM data (including calendar) which could be used too if
required / helps in your setup.

i wrote different (cached) interfaces / adapters for "exporting" as "live /
cached connecting" Horde kronolith by xml-rpc / JSON) to use the event data
records (accelerated) in a website. but Horde offers public calendars (by url)
too if you only want to publish a "standard" calendar view in a website -
i.e. as iframe or similiar.

Unfortunately on NetBSD (pkgsrc) is no cyrus imap 3 available - this even
allows IMAP/HTTP which provides an nice newer backend for newer Groupware
standards which Horde can use /in parallel) too. Hope cyrus 3 will come next
in pkgsrc. my favorite setup for the Horde 5 environment is exim + cyrus imap
3 (2) with cyrus sieve.

as we are going bit off topic here - you may contact me off list for further -
not NetBSD related stuff or on the Horde mailing lists. ß)

hth,
best regards,

niels.

--