Re: Netra T5220

On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 13:22:19 -0700
Don NetBSD <netbsd-embedded%gmx.com@localhost> wrote:

> So, it seems like there are a boat load of prompts -- "u-boot>",
> "->", "ok" ...  And, nothing that seems to summarize ALL of
> the pertinent environments in which you can be interacting with
> the box.

You're getting confused between various consoles. This is what I do to
log in

I have a Linux laptop connected to T5220 via serial cable

Here I use 'cu' to initiate connection:

# chmod 666 /dev/ttyUSB0
# cu -l /dev/ttyUSB0

First login takes me to service processor console:

SUNSP00212824CA7D login: root
Password:
Waiting for daemons to initialize...

Daemons ready

Sun(TM) Integrated Lights Out Manager

Version 2.0.4.27.g

Warning: password is set to factory default.

The following command takes me to system console. After I type 'y' and
hit Enter key, Solaris login prompt appears:

-> start /SP/console
Are you sure you want to start /SP/console (y/n)? y

Serial console started.  To stop, type #.

t5220 console login:

I don't know if your system is bootable and if it has Solaris running.
If not, then download ISO, burn to DVD and try booting from that.