Re: Netra T5220

On 11/16/2018 1:27 AM, Sad Clouds wrote:
On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 01:01:18 -0700
Don NetBSD <netbsd-embedded%gmx.com@localhost> wrote:

[probably best to take this off list?]

I am hoping to make some time to play with this over the weekend
(or, over the holiday).  Right now, its just "in the way"  :-/

Not sure about your case specifically, but on my system there is an
ILOM SP (service processor), this is separate from UltraSPARC T2
processor.

Yes, this was my first source of confusion (I was expecting the OFW
to more resemble my Voyager/U60/SB2000).

They use embedded Linux that boots into SP, which is what you see on
the banner. This allows you to ssh into the system when it is not
running and configure/upgrade firmware, start/stop OS, etc. By default,
ILOM uses DHCP to acquire IP address and the default login/password is
root/changeme. There is a special management port that you need to plug
to the rest of your network. Alternatively you can use serial-to-usb
cable, which I guess is what you're doing since you can see SP boot
messages.

I'm using tip(1) over a regular serial port.

I think the SP is some kind of embedded IBM Power processor.

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19350-01/820-3010-12/820-3010-12.pdf

Note, however, that neither "U-Boot" (which is part of the banner)
NOR "u-boot>" (which is the prompt that appears) exists anywhere in
this text!

So, it seems like there are a boat load of prompts -- "u-boot>",
"->", "ok" ...  And, nothing that seems to summarize ALL of
the pertinent environments in which you can be interacting with
the box.

Note, for example, the different responses to the "version" command
(no doubt, this is "old" -- but HOW old?  Which versions of Slowaris
might it support -- without a firmware upgrade?):
---------------------------------------
U-Boot 1.1.1

custom Sun Microsystems U-Boot 1.3 (Dec  6 2011 - 11:01:09) r61032

CPU:   MPC885ZPnn at 133 MHz: 8 kB I-Cache 8 kB D-Cache FEC present
Board: SPARC885
       Watchdog enabled
I2C:   ready
DRAM:
trying 128 MBytes
(128 MB SDRAM) 128 MB
Memory Tests: DA A1 A2 00 FF 55 AA T2 T3 T4
POST memory PASSED
FLASH: 32 MB
In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Net:   FEC ETHERNET
POST i2c  c  d 14 18 2a 2d 2e 30 40 43 46 51 53 54 56 59 68 69 6a 6b 70 71 PASSED
POST cpu PASSED
POST ethernet PASSED
Booting linux in 30 seconds...

(*** abort boot ***)

u-boot> version

U-Boot 1.1.1

custom Sun Microsystems U-Boot 1.3 (Dec  6 2011 - 11:01:09) r61032
u-boot> boot
## Booting image at fe080000 ...
   Image Name:   Linux-2.4.22
   Image Type:   PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
   Data Size:    815088 Bytes = 796 kB
   Load Address: 00000000
   Entry Point:  00000000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
   Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK
do_bootm_linux():
  argv[0]=bootm
  argv[1]=0xfe080000
## Current stack ends at 0x07D388B8 => set upper limit to 0x00800000
No initrd
## cmdline at 0x007FFF00 ... 0x007FFF80
...yada yada yada

login: root
Password: changeme
Waiting for daemons to initialize...
.
Timed out waiting for daemons to start
sccd daemon has shutdown

Oracle(R) Integrated Lights Out Manager

Version 3.0.10.4 r61032

Copyright (c) 2010, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

Warning: password is set to factory default.

-> version
SP firmware 3.0.10.4
SP firmware build number: 61032
SP firmware date: Tue Dec  6 10:59:21 PST 2011
SP filesystem version: 0.1.22

->