Re: poweroff and shutdown -p now only reboot my machine

Ok! I've checked hp's webpage.
No BIOS updates available under Linux. Of course, there's no reference to any BSD.
There're updates available to both BIOS and firmware under Windows, but I don't have any Windows machine.
I can try to make a DOS bootable USB and boot in UEFI mode to try to update the BIOS, but I won't be able to do this before earliest next week.

Regards

Den mån 30 juli 2018 11:19Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> skrev:
On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 11:12:46AM +0200, Pedro Pinho wrote:
> I'll check if there are any BIOS updates available and reply back.
> No error messages at all. The only line displayed after X closes is
> syncing disks...done
>
> There are some errors related to acpi. If I boot with acpi, I get 12 errors
> while detecting hardware. If I boot without acpi, I get just 5 errors.
>
> Would it help if I post dmesg output?

Yes, please (both with and without acpi). You are seeing the shutdown not
being done through ACPI, which is very strange on any machine made after
~~ 2000.

Martin